Monday, May 14
Motivation.
Our insurance company had a wellness fair-automatic $50 rebate for showing up and getting tested, so the two of us did it.
Result? Our bad cholesterol is slightly too high-not enough to panic about-but enough that we'll get another $50 each if we lower it a few points.
Our BMI is also too high...gasp! Anyone surprised? Someone in church asked someone else if I was pregnant *sigh*. (No, not that I know of.)
Well, it turns out we're both overweight enough that we qualify for their "Waist Away" program. They'll reimburse us up to $50 each if we join a gym, Curves, Weightwatchers, or another qualified program.
If we can get our BMI below 25, we get $100. If we then maintain it for 6 months, we get another $100.
So I think we are going to join Weightwatchers-I know it works for me. Since we're doing it together, we can plan meals and support each other. I think this will be motivation enough for me to really be serious about it.
My excuse for not keeping going last time? The weight chart fell off the wall and the cat chewed little bites all over the side. I kept meaning to make a new one...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice! Free money for doing something that will make you feel better, and better about yourself, too. I love it!
ReplyDelete