I've had the intention to become healthier for a long time now, but it was always a kind of vague, "I want to eventually..." kind of thing. I seem to need some kind of external motivation before I'll really get my act in gear. I think I may have found what will work for me. Our ward has been encouraging all the sisters, not just Young Women, to work on personal progress. I never earned mine when I was in YW. I think I'm going to start working on it, and as part of that, I'll include better health habits. I'm trying to be realistic, here, so I'm going to start with manageable goals that will still stretch me.
1. Get to bed on time. Start getting ready for bed at 9:30, in bed by 10:00 or 10:15.
2. Swimming three times a week. Yoga two-three times a week.
3. Better eating habits. Yeah, I know that's vague. I'm still working on this one.
I've also been making a greater effort to up my spirituality. I've been trying not to waste as much time on the computer and spend more time on uplifting things. Nate and I actually made it to the temple on Saturday, the first time in a year and a half. It seems to be helping my resolve and self control. Oh, yeah, fasting really seems to be helping with that, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.