Thursday, January 12

My New Years

Along with the new year and my other goals, I do have a goal to become healthier, too. I'm approaching my goals differently this year so hopefully I will have better success. I'm focusing on one goal a month in each of the five areas I want to improve in so my Physical Health goal is to exercise five times a week for 30 minutes. I don't care what I do as long as it's outside of my normal habits. I have been going to the gym and walking or playing Just Dance 3 on my roommate's Wii. It's actually pretty fun. Last night I went line dancing with my roommate and I counted that. I've been keeping a daily journal of my goals so I will have them always on my mind. I tend to forget about my goals in the rush of life and I think that's why I fall short so many times.

We've also started carrying pedometers for work and we are slowly working our goals up to 10,000 steps a day. This week we are doing 5,500 steps. I have set my personal goals higher because I usually do more than the goals. I'm trying for at least 7,ooo a day, but I'm shooting for 10,000. They gave (for the small fee of $5) us some really cool pedometers that plug into the computer and work with a program to track your progress. They're about the size of a usb and mine seems to work really well.

Anyway, I'm off to play Just Dance 3. Rock on!

Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.