Here's a low-cal recipe I made for my dinner group the other night. Since three of the four of us are dieting, we're getting a lot of lean, healthy meals. This was easy, and so yummy. I served it warm, but it was really good cold as leftovers the next day, too. I'll definitely make this again.
12 oz raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
6 oz high fiber pasta
1 cup frozen peas
1 large red bell pepper
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and chopped (asparagus was expensive, so I used zucchini)
1 1/2 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/3 c flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and cook pasta according to package directions, but adjust time to keep it al dente. Add shrimp, asparagus, bell pepper and peas and cook until the pasta is tender and the shrimp are cooked, 2-4 minutes more. Drain well. Mash garlic and salt in a large bowl until a paste forms. Whisk in yogurt, parsley, lemon juice, onion, oil and pepper. Add the pasta mixture and toss to coat.
I didn't want to hand mash the garlic, so I put the garlic, onion, lemon juice, oil and pepper and a small amount of the yogurt in a blender, and blended until liquified. Then I added the rest of the yogurt and blended until well-mixed and added it to the pasta, with the parsely on top.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings. 385 cal; 6 g fat; 53 g carbs; 34 g protein; 10 g fiber; 10 points + (Weight watchers) per serving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.