Ok, weekends are hard for me, Kevin likes to relax and we go out to eat...I haven't found a place I feel I can really eat right at while eating out-Chineese and Mexican are worst. At least most burger places have a grilled chicken you can get without mayo and cheese, and that isn't too bad but doesn't fill me up. I also have a hard time with their "salads" which is a half-head of iceberg lettuce. If you put the dressing on, a lot of salads top burgers pointwise.
I've found this site to be somewhat helpful: at least in pointing out bad choices that would surprise you.
http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/Restaurant-Report-Card/index.php
Yesterday, I did ok until they had pizza at the youth activity-I only ate the smallest cheese piece, and then didn't have much willpower when we decided we needed a shake. An Iceberg Mini shake is way too much for me, but they don't even have a kid's size.
So far today is going better, I'm well within my points.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mini size my eye. Those are big enough for at least two people. I've never even seen the bigger size.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great website. It makes me want to never eat out again! Well, almost. Who knew that the deli sandwiches at Arby's have more calories than their roast beef? Weird. And what's the point of going out for breakfast if you are supposed to "stick to breakfast staples like oatmeal, eggs, fruit, and yogurt."
ReplyDeleteWe did recently find one restaurant here in town that I felt really good about eating at. I had a fish kebab, tuna, mahi-mahi, and grouper. It came with sides of nude asparagus(no sauce or butter), seaweed salad(one of the best culinary inventions of mankind) and ginger infused rice(I can't remember if it was brown or white, but there wasn't too much). And the best part, it was filling enough I didn't even want dessert. It was pretty pricy though, one of those places you go maybe once a year.
Ooh, seaweed salad sounds good. I want to try it.
ReplyDeletePamela, do you have a Souper Salad near you? I always thought that restaurant was pretty good.